LASC RANGES OPEN 8AM - 8PM ON A LIMITED BASIS
September 30, 2020 08:00
September 30, 2020 20:00
Los Alamos Sportsmen’s Club
Ranges Usage During Pandemic (revision 5-8-20)
The LASC board has voted to reopen our LASC ranges Tuesday, May 12 subject to the following rules. This notice does not constitute a blanket reopening, rather a limited reopening while the pandemic continues. Hours are 8 AM – 8 PM for all ranges. Per the governor’s directive, “shooting ranges may be open by appointment and shall ensure that appropriate social distancing measures are in place” *.
- Self-monitor for best practices with respect to virus transmission.
- If you exhibit any viral symptoms, please stay at home.
- Practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet apart.
- Groups are limited to 4 or fewer people.
- Masks, wipes, and gloves usage are optional, but recommended.
- In order to minimize locks and gates handling, if a member is present on the rifle, shotgun, or archery range, the gate may be left open. The last member leaving closes and locks the gate. The pistol pits gate should be secured at all times because it’s not apparent from the road whether or not the pistol pits are in use. To avoid surface contamination, it is advised to wipe down the lock and gate or use PPE when going through the gate.
- The clubhouse is presently not available due to an imminent urethane top coat floor job. Reopening of the clubhouse will be announced. Once reopened, no more than 4 people are allowed in each area, the classroom and the indoor firing range. Practice social distancing in each area. To avoid surface contamination, it is advised to wipe down or use PPE on door handles, switches, broom and dustpan handles, etc. Please cleanup after indoor range use.
- Members wishing to use a range will have to make an online 1 hour appointment using the club booking calendar found at https://www.picktime.com/lasc . Please have hardcopy proof of your allotted time when you are at the range. We have to share our limited resources, especially while implementing social distancing, so we ask members to be fair to all club members and not abuse the system or overbook. In order to track usage, a notification will be sent to all board members for each reservation made by any member.
- As always strictly adhere to safe firearms / archery handling practices. Please follow all postings and signs including those for these present, limited range operations.
- Because of possible skewed, diagonal bullet trajectories, not all 100, 200, and 300-yard targets are safely accessible from every rifle shooting bench. In particular shooting at 300-yard targets from the leftmost benches is not allowed and poses a risk to people possibly on the road.
For example, with 15 shooting stations on the rifle line, every other station can be used which would allow up to 8 individuals or perhaps family twosomes to use that range. The Alpha pistol pit is wide enough and can accommodate 10 shooters simultaneously. Likewise, the fixed target archery range will be limited to 7 shooting stations. The practice 3D range will be available to a maximum of 2 people. Use your backside to steady a target while pulling arrows to avoid touching targets. With shotgunning, the passing of controllers needs consideration. Since in both Skeet and 5-Stand we have two controllers; we can avoid passing the controllers between the shooters. If a controller must be passed, wipe it off with a disinfectant wipe. The shooter(s) who opens specific bird machines for use should also be the same one(s) who put them away.
We all have some degree of “cabin fever” these last few months and the expectation is our facilities will become constantly used. We ask for your patience now that the ranges have reopened on a limited basis. As circumstances surrounding COVID-19 relax, the rules will be modified accordingly.
- All members are to embrace virus safety as diligently as we do firearms / archery safety. Individuals need to hold themselves and each other accountable, same as before. Please politely call out bad behavior directly or report such to a board member. Consequences of repeated or widespread bad behavior might force closing our facilities again during this coronavirus outbreak.
The combination has been reset back to its former number. You will receive the new gate combo once the 2020 - 2021 membership materials have been mailed out.